Mercury is an essential part of all compact fluorescent bulbs (also called CFLs). Therefore, our CFL bulbs have a mercury warning and a very small amount of mercury within them.
The amount of mercury in our bulbs is the least amount possible, less than many competitors, and could fit on the end of a ballpoint pen.
Also, it's important to know that there is no mercury leakage or exposure unless a bulb breaks.
Here is how to properly dispose of CFL bulbs: https://earth911.com/recycling-guide/how-to-recycle-cfls/
And here is how to clean up if a break occurs: https://www.epa.gov/cfl/cleaning-broken-cfl
If you have any other questions about mercury in your Verilux bulbs, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-786-6850.