Bright light therapy has been studied extensively since the early 1980s and has clinically-proven effects on mood, energy, focus & sleep. Though the bulb in the HappyLight© Therapy Lamp looks like a regular bulb, HappyLight© therapy lamps are uniquely designed with a special ballast to ensure a lux measurement (or light intensity) far greater than an ordinary lamp. It is the amount of lux - and brightness of the lamp - that makes the HappyLight© effective. If you are new to light therapy and the science behind it, we highly recommend Dr. Norman Rosenthal's book Winter Blues if you'd like to learn more.
Articles in this section
- How can light therapy help me?
- How does light therapy work?
- What’s the difference between HappyLight® and other Verilux lamps?
- What makes a HappyLight© Therapy Lamp different from an ordinary lamp?
- Are there any negative side effects from light therapy?
- What is 10,000 lux and is it necessary?
- Is light therapy safe for my eyes?
- Does the HappyLight® Therapy Lamp emit UV rays or give you a tan?
- Does HappyLight® provide Vitamin D?
- What color does a HappyLight® Therapy Lamp emit? Does it have blue light?